Hello my Caffeinated Book Loving Peeps,
I was asked to review a new concept in e-book giving by Livrada and I have to tell you I think it's brilliant. Gift cards can be very impersonal and I hate giving them as gifts especially to close friends and family. With the popularity of e-readers giving someone a personalized book has become difficult:
Livrada has partnered with Target stores to introduce
a brand new concept of gift giving for the e-readers on your shopping list:
On July 15th they launched with 6 New York Times best selling titles (including 50 Shades of Grey) in ALL Target stores and they make the perfect, personal gift for any e-reader on your list. There is nothing like this as they are the first ones to make it possible to give an e-book as a gift, in a personal and tangible way. No more gifts via email or generic gift cards. There gift cards are replicas of the actual book cover! So grabbing a quick gift, no longer has to feel impersonal.
Here is a picture of the e-book gift card I received:
I chose Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
When I received my card it had simple instruction on how to redeem my book:
- Log on to http://www.livarda.com
- It asked for the code located on the back of the card and my email address
- Then I selected my e-reader. For me it was Nook (It is currently only available for Nook and Kindle but they will be launching Kobo and iPad soon!)
- Next it asked me to sign on to the Barnes and Noble website and I immediately came to a page that said accept your gift of Gone Girl.
- I hit accept and within seconds I was enjoying this personalized gift on my e-reader.
The Six Books Currently available are:
Fifty Shades of Grey
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
State of Wonder
I encourage you to check out Livrada's website and your local Target displays.
I am looking forward to their expanded title list and e-readers availability.
What do you think ?
Have you seen Livrada in your local Target?
*I want to thank the folks at Livrada for sending me a personalized e-book gift card in exchange for my honest review of their product.